PLEASE NOTE: Recreational Trainings will conclude for 2017 on Thursday 14th December, and will return mid-late January 2018.
Thursday Evenings 6-8pm
All skill levels welcome (Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced)
Christian Brothers College Gymnasium (214 Wakefield St, Adelaide)
These trainings cater to any skill level of volleyballer, from complete beginner to seasoned players who would like to learn or improve their skills in a fun and social environment.
We run three courts at these trainings, (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) and have coaches to match each of these skill levels to bring out the best in anyone who joins in.
After each training, we venture around the corner to the General Havelock Hotel for a meal and social drink to socialise with our fellow volleyballers and coaching team.
- I've never played volleyball before, can I join in? Of course you can, on our beginner court, we start with the absolute basics of volleyball, and enhance those skills with relevant drills and match practice.
- Do I need to sign up or pay any fee's to join Recreational Trainings? Yes, to continue to participate in our recreational trainings, you will need to become an AUVC member (More information can be found here), however we have a 2 training come and try policy, so you are welcome to come out to 2 of our trainings before signing up. After these 2 trainings, you will be required to become a club member.
- Is there any competitive competition at Recreational Trainings? At these trainings we do not operate a competition, we are much more focussed on helping players improve their skills to aid them in joining already established Social Volleyball Leagues, and onto our SA State League program.
- How much is AUVC Membership? Membership prices can be found at our Join page above and last a full 365 days from date of purchase.
- What do I wear to Recreational Trainings? Any 'active-wear' is fine to wear (eg, shorts, t-shirt, polo shirt). Sports shoes are essential and will be closely monitored as incorrect footwear is a leading cause of ankle injury in this sport. Thongs, work boots, skate shoes, business style shoes and bare feet are not appropriate for Volleyball.
- Where is the training, and how do I get in? These trainings are held at Christian Brothers College Gymnasium (214 Wakefield Street Adelaide SA 5000). The Gymnasium can be accessed via two doors off of Wakefield Street as shown below by the RED arrows.
- What should I bring to trainings? We suggest to bring a SEALED water bottle and any medication/supplies you may require whilst playing sport (eg. ASTHMA medication, strapping tape etc).